Ho Chi Minh City (still called Saigon by most residents) is a fascinating city. The streets of Saigon are filled with motorbikes and people, and memories of the Vietnam War like the Cu Chi Tunnels are nearby. Tours of the city include:
- History Museum - Traces the history of Vietnam from all the major historical eras from the Bronze Age to the present.
- War Remnants Museum - Opened in September 1975, this sobering museum presents the story of the Vietnam War (called the American Way in Vietnam) from the perspective of the current Vietnamese government. The museum was formerly known as the American War Crimes Museum and does not show a balanced picture of the war.
- Reunification Palace - formerly the Presidential Palace of Vietnam
- Cholon Market - busy market in old Chinatown area
- Thien Hau Pagoda - one of the most richly embellished pagodas in Saigon
- Tay Son Kingdom of Lacquerware - lacquerware factory and showroom
- Notre Dame Cathedral - largest church ever built in the old French Empire