A few cruise lines like Silversea Cruises spend a little longer in the area, providing their guests the opportunity to explore several of the islands. I sailed on the Silver Spirit's last European cruise of the year, before she headed for warmer waters in the winter months. It was the first time I had cruised on the 540-guest ship since not long after her launch in December 2009. I'm happy to report that this fabulous luxury ship is as great as I remembered. The suites, common areas, dining venues, and amenities are superb, and the service is impeccable. Anyone who loves a luxury vacation and appreciates the accoutrements found on a small vessel like the Silver Spirit will have memorable experiences on this ship.
One of the things I love about Silversea Cruises is their diverse, creative itineraries, and this one was no different than other Silversea voyages I've enjoyed. Our nine-day cruise had a great mix of ports of call--cities, small towns, and those with alluring culture, history, and natural wonders. We also had a relaxing (and very much needed) day at sea. Click on each link below to view more about our voyage on the Silver Spirit.
- Overview of Silver Spirit Cruise
- Lanzarote (Canary Islands) - Fire Mountains, Vineyards, and Volcano Tubes
- Agadir, Morocco - Fantasia Show and Souk
- Casablanca, Morocco - Day Trip to Rabat
- Silver Spirit - Day at Sea
- Madeira - A Ride on a Toboggan
- La Palma (Canary Islands) - Island Highlights
- La Gomera (Canary Islands) - Hiking in Garajonay National Park
- Tenerife - (Canary Islands) - A Day in Teide National Park