In addition to the ambiance, service, and cuisine, the Seabourn Odyssey has elegant decor.
I sailed a 7-day Adriatic cruise itinerary from Venice to Athens on the Seabourn Odyssey and loved everything about the ship. Join me on a tour of the suites, dining venues, and public areas of the Seabourn Odyssey.
We stayed in one of the large Owner's Suites, and it is one of the nicest suites afloat. The Owner's Suite had a huge veranda with padded chaise lounges, two TVs, two toilets, a full-sized sofa, and its own espresso maker.
Even the "standard" veranda suite is a spacious 365 square feet. A black-out curtain separates the sleeping and sitting areas of the veranda suites.
- The Restaurant is a traditional grand dining room, complete with fine china, crystal, and silver. It features open seating three times daily.
- Restaurant 2 is a contemporary tasting restaurant tucked away on deck 8. It is open for dinner and serves numerous small, fascinating plates from a fixed menu that changes daily.
- Colonnade has an open kitchen with either buffet or menu options for breakfast and lunch, but has elegant a la carte theme dinners.
- Patio Grill offers casual, pool side dining in the day and evening.
- In-suite dining (room service) - The Seabourn Odyssey offers an extensive 24/7 room service menu. During dinner hours, guests can have dinner served course by course.
The Seabourn Square is probably the most innovative indoor public area. It serves as the Odyssey's living room, library, coffee bar, and information desk.
The Spa at Seabourn spans two decks and includes a salon for beauty and grooming needs, a gym, and seven spa treatment rooms for improving your mood and body.
The entertainment on the Seabourn Odyssey was excellent for a small ship. We really enjoyed the four talented Seabourn Singers, the musicians, and the guest lecturers.
The Seabourn Odyssey also has a swimming pool and hot tubs with plenty of lounge chairs in the sun or shade on deck 8, and additional sunning areas at The Retreat on deck 11 and by The Club on deck 5. The Club outdoor area includes its own small pool and hot tubs.
The best news is that the Yachts of Seabourn has two more identical ships on order.
As is common in the travel industry, the writer was provided with complimentary cruise accommodation for the purpose of review. While it has not influenced this review, About.com believes in full disclosure of all potential conflicts of interest. For more information, see our ethics policy.