When you are first escorted to the table, you get the first hint that this will be a special meal--the menu is presented in a small light box. Although it's a fixed menu, it's nice to know what you are eating!
As each of the small plates are delivered to the table, the server describes it in detail. Here's the menu from our dinner at Restaurant 2:
- Chef's cocktail: poached shrimp martini, balsamic jelly, split safffron vinaigrette
- Foie gras creme brulee, syrah honey syrup
- Crisp duck confit filo, Navy bean cassoulet
- Smoked duck carpaccio, foie gras terine, arugula
- Lobster with lemongrass presse, lobster herb ravioli
- Shellfish cappuccino, seared beef crostini, ginger jello
- Roasted dorade, forket potatoes, braised leek ragout, smoked bacon jus
- Pan seared quail brest, porcini risotto, port wine reduction
- Rhubarb espuma, strawberry jam
- White chocolate mousse, plums with almond foam, pistachio cracker, passion fruit sorbet
- Night cap: Irish coffee
Reservations at Restaurant 2 and the Colonnade can be made 48 hours in advance. Due to its small size and popularity, you should book Restaurant 2 as soon as you can get in.