- the rockhopper penguins on New Island -- our first penguins
- the thousands of downy brown Adelie penguin chicks on Paulet Island and their hard-working parents
- penguins zooming through the water like football-shaped missiles and then awkwardly waddling up the rocks to feed their chicks
- magnificent albatrosses soaring behind the ship
- following a pair of humpback whales for over 30 minutes one twilight night after dinner
- an up-close moment with a leopard seal
I could go on and on about this memorable cruise. Even my husband, who is much harder to please than I am, had everything he looks for on a cruise vacation--excellent ship, amazing wildlife, interesting history and excursions, and no shopping! As much as I love cruising the world, this experience will stay with me forever--thanks to the captain, crew, and expedition leaders of the Hanseatic!