The Bottom Line
This guide book by Chris Dikmen is an excellent guide for novice cruisers. It answers almost every general question about cruising. About half the book is dedicated to reviews of cruise ships and cruise lines. In the other half, Mr. Dikmen answers general questions and helps the reader (1) avoid the five mistakes that can ruin a perfect cruise, (2) choose the right travel agent, and (3) get the best deal on a cruise.
- Excellent information for cruise planning by novice cruisers
- Good cruise tips scattered throughout the book
- Covers almost every FAQ about cruising
- Book primarily geared towards novice cruisers
- Some reviews are very detailed, others very short and cryptic
- Great resource for novice cruisers
- Cruise profiles and reviews of 22 major cruise lines
- Learn to avoid 5 mistakes that can ruin your perfect cruise
- Find how to get the best deal on your next cruise
- Learn how to choose the right travel agent
Guide Review - The Perfect Cruise -- How to Find, Plan and Enjoy the Perfect Cruise Vacation
Mr. Dikmen is correct when he says, "Every cruise is the perfect cruise for someone." Cruise traveler's expectations differ on every cruise, and it's not unusual to speak with two people on the same cruise and get completely different opinions on the facilities, cuisine, or service! He provides excellent guidance on planning your perfect cruise, which might be different than mine or someone elses. The book is especially helpful for first-time or novice cruisers or those seeking to try a different cruise line or type of cruise. In addition to cruise planning, the book has sections on "things to know before you go", and "how to enjoy your cruise".
About half the book is dedicated to cruise reviews and some of the author's favorite cruise ships.
I especially liked the short section on cruise etiquette. Now, if we could make it required reading for all cruisers!