The Bottom Line
This new Insight Guide provides an easy-to-read history of the area and useful tips for cruisers. The guide also artfully describes over 120 Mediterranean ports of call. The wonderful photos on almost every page are my favorite parts of the book. They will sell anyone on a Mediterranean cruise!
- Outstanding photos of Mediterranean ports of call on every page
- Great tips for cruisers on their 1st or 100th Mediterranean cruise
- Concise information on over 120 popular Mediterranean ports of call
- 377 glossy pages make book too heavy to carry when touring
- Breath-taking photographs of Mediterranean ports of call
- Beautifully designed maps of many Mediterranean cities
- Concise, excellent descriptions of port of call
- Useful general planning information on cruise travel
Guide Review - Insight Guides' Mediterranean Cruises
Mediterranean cruises are becoming more and more popular, with 50 companies sailing 100 ships in the bright blue Mediterranean Sea. Insight Guides' Mediterranean Cruises provides great background on the history, architecture, and culture of the amazing countries and cities that touch the Mediterranean. The guide also includes some useful general information on cruise travel such as cruise etiquette, what to wear, and how to make the most of your time on the ship. The concise, easy-to-read chapters on "Places" will facilitate planning your time ashore. What differentiates Insight Guides from other travel guides is the use of world-class photographs on every page. Just the pictures alone will entice most travelers to plan a cruise to the Mediterranean.