The Bottom Line
- Journal brings magic of Galapagos alive for reader
- Tale of travel dream come true is inspiring to "armchair" travelers
- Author's enthusiasm for the Galapagos is contagious
- Book makes trip to Galapagos even more enticing; could be problem if cash/time is short
- Detailed travel journal of a cruise tour to Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands
- Great descriptions of the wildlife and geology of the Galapagos Islands
- Author discusses work of Charles Darwin and has chapter devoted to his life and background before and after the Galapagos
Guide Review - Chasing a Dream in the Galapagos - A Personal Evolution
I laughed at her tales of the challenges of snorkeling with poor vision and balance, and was sobered by her description of seeing sick and injured wildlife in their natural settings, without interference from well-being humans.
Chasing a Dream in the Galapagos - A Personal Evolution is perfect for either those planning a Galapagos Islands cruise or those who enjoy reading about fascinating travel destinations. The information about Charles Darwin and his important studies of the Galapagos is an added plus, especially since it has been 150 years since his controversial, ground-breaking book, The Origin of the Species.