First-time cruisers should probably work with a travel agent who is experienced in booking cruises. However, before you contact the travel agency or cruise line, you will need to have the answers to these ten questions.
After you have answered these ten questions, you will be ready to select a cruise line and cruise ship.
Question 1: Who is going on the cruise?
This should be the easiest question, so let's start with it. All age groups are welcome and planned for on a cruise ship. You will be able to find a cruise that will give any age group from toddler to great grandmother a memorable vacation. Friends of mine with teenagers often say they have found it to be the best family vacation yet. If you don't have kids or don't want to be around them while on vacation, there are some cruise ships that are almost adult only or won't have many children.
Ten Questions to Answer When Planning a Cruise
- Who is going on the cruise?
- How much money have you budgeted for your cruise?
- How long is your vacation?
- When do you want to travel?
- Where in the world do you want to cruise?
- What types of things do you like to do?
- What type of cabin do you want or need?
- When do you like to eat dinner?
- Do you like to dress up?
- How do you plan to get to your cruise ship?