New 2011 Ocean-Going Cruise Ships Overview
Two of the new ships in 2011 are of new design--the Disney Dream and Oceania Cruises' Marina. The Disney Dream is Disney's first new ship in over a decade, and the Marina is Oceania Cruises' first newbuild.
The other six ocean-going cruise ships are almost identical to sister ships launched in previous years. The cruise lines have added new features, but the basic ship design is the same, so we can look forward to many great new ships in 2011.
New 2011 River Vessels Overview
All of the new river ships for 2011 will sail in Europe except the AMAWaerways' Amalotus, which will sail the Mekong River in Southeast Asia, and the Viking River Cruises' Viking Emerald, which will sail the Yangtze River in China. The Uniworld S.S. Antoinette, Avalon Panorama, Douro Spirit, Viking Emerald, and Amalotus are new designs. The other river vessels are in the same class as ships launched in prior years.
Click on each ship listed below to learn more about the new cruise ships launched in 2011 and to access the homepage of each ship.
New 2011 Cruise Ships
- Disney Cruises - Disney Dream
- Oceania Cruises - Marina
- AIDA Cruises - AIDAsol
- Compagnie du Ponant - L'Austral
- Carnival Cruises - Carnival Magic
- The Yachts of Seabourn - Seabourn Quest
- Costa Cruises - Costa Favolosa
- Celebrity Cruises - Celebrity Silhouette
- Uniworld Boutique River Cruises - S.S. Antoinette
- Viking River Cruises - Viking Emerald
- Uniworld Boutique River Cruises - Douro Spirit
- Avalon Waterways - Avalon Panorama
- AMAWaterways - Amaverde
- Viking River Cruises - Viking Prestige
- AMAWaterways - Amalotus