The central musical theme is reflected in décor throughout the ship, including the main atrium, which is decorated with musical symbols and instruments. The ship's theatre boasts perfect acoustics and is adorned with a stunning Murano glass chandelier.
The Costa Pacifica also features the Samsara Spa - one of the largest spas at sea, complete with spa accommodations that offer direct access to the wellness center as well as exclusive amenities. In 2006, Costa was the first cruise line to introduce this spa concept. Elements of the spa's treatments and design are inspired by the meaning of "Samsara," which is associated with the path to spiritual enlightenment, bliss and balancing of life energies. A full menu of treatments based on Ayurvedic principles, a state-of-the-art fitness center, and a specialty restaurant, aptly named the Samsara Restaurant, are just some of the spa's innovative features.
The ship also features two pool areas on board, one midship and another aft. Guests may enjoy "dive in" movies with a giant movie screen in the central pool area featuring special technology that can be used for daytime projection of video clips as well as evening film screenings.
The Costa Pacifica also features a Grand Prix race car driving simulator-the most accurate representation of Formula One driving available and a Play Station area.
For those who are musically inclined, the Costa Pacifica has an industry first--a professional music studio that passengers can book for an hour and record one of a selection of over 400 songs. The technician will then mix and edit the tape and burn a CD of the performance. The cost is only 35 euros, which is a great deal compared to studio time ashore. Continuing with the music theme, passengers can take keyboard, guitar, or drum lessons while onboard the Costa Pacifica for the same price--35 euros per hour.
An à la carte restaurant, Club Blue Moon, offers an elegant and sophisticated setting for which guests enjoy exceptional culinary occasions. Menus will be created by Ettore Bocchia, Costa Cruises' Corporate Chef and Executive Chef at the Grand Hotel Villa Serbelloni in Bellagio, Lake Como. Bocchia, a Michelin-Star restaurateur since 2005, is the founder of Italian molecular cuisine. I dined in the Club Blue Moon and loved the food and cuisine.
Costa Pacifica - Itineraries
Throughout the 2009 summer season, the Costa Pacifica will offer seven-night Western Mediterranean voyages calling on the port of Rome (Civitavecchia), Savona (Italy), Marseille (France), Barcelona (Spain), Palma de Mallorca (Spain), Tunis (Tunisia), Malta and Palermo (Sicily.) The ship will then sail the Mediterranean year-round.
Costa Pacifica - Facts & Figures
- Cabins: Total of 1,504 cabins, including 91 Samsara, 521 veranda cabins, 58 suites with private balconies and 12 Samsara suites.
- Restaurants: Five, including the private à la carte "Club Blue Moon," and the Ristorante Samsara for Samara spa guests.
- Bars: 13, including the Cognac & Cigar Bar, the Coffee & Chocolate Bar and the Bar Sport
- Swimming Pools: Four, two of which feature a retractable magrodome and one with a slide
- Jacuzzis: Five
- Sports Facilities: Multipurpose Court and Outside Jogging Track
- Wellness Center: Samsara Spa on two levels (over 6,000 m²) with gym, spa baths, thalassotherapy pool, treatment rooms, sauna, Turkish bath, UVA solarium, cabins and suites.
- Theater on three levels
- Dance club and Piano Bar
- Internet Point
- Shopping Center
- Kids' and teens' areas: Mondovirtuale (videogames area), Squok Club (for children) with children's pool
- Grand Prix Race Car Driving Simulator
- Large Screen on Central Pool Deck
- Shipyard: Fincantieri - Genoa Sestri Ponente
- Gross Tonnage: 114,500
- Length: 290 meters
- Breadth: 35 meters
- Decks: 17 (13 passenger Decks)
- Service speed: 21.5 knots (maximum speed: 23 knots)
- Passengers: 3,780 (total guest capacity)
- Crewmembers: 1,110
Costa Cruises' Joint Christening of the Costa Luminosa and Costa Pacifica - 29 photos from festivities