Although our inaugural cruise from Venice to Barcelona was the maiden voyage for the Carnival Magic, the cruise line and its staff had done an exceptional job of getting the ship ready for its first guests. Carnival Cruise Line makes no pretense about its cruise objectives. The company strives to deliver a cruise filled with fun and memories, and this ship's design certainly fulfills that goal.
Since the Carnival Magic was a new ship, I've prepared a detailed profile of the ship and several photo galleries.
- Carnival Magic Ship Tour and Profile
- Carnival Magic Interiors Photo Gallery
- Carnival Magic Outdoor Decks Photo Gallery
- Carnival Magic Balcony Cabin
- Carnival Magic Dining
- Carnival Magic Facts and Stats
- Carnival Magic Launched in Venice
- Photos of the Carnival Magic from Carnival Cruise Lines
Our Carnival Magic Mediterranean cruise itinerary was an excellent one --
- Day at Sea
- Dubrovnik, Croatia
- Day at Sea
- Messina, Italy on the Island of Sicily
- Naples, Italy
- Civitavecchia, Italy (closest port to Rome)
- Livorno, Italy (closest port to Florence and Pisa)
- Barcelona, Spain
The Carnival Magic will spend her first summer and fall in the Mediterranean, primarily sailing 7 to 12-day cruises round-trip from Barcelona. After crossing the Atlantic Ocean in October 2011, the Carnival Magic will sail the Caribbean year-round from Galveston, Texas.
Before the ship heads off to Galveston, let's take a Mediterranean cruise on the Carnival Magic. Those planning a Mediterranean cruise in 2012 will have the opportunity to visit many of these ports from the new Carnival Breeze, which will be launched in Venice in June 2012.