Children's Programming Participation Guidelines and Special Requests
Physical and Social Interaction
Children's programming is open to all children* ages 3-12, who are:
- Completely potty trained
- Able to interact comfortably within our counselor-to-child ratio groups of 1-15 (ages 3-4) 1-25 (ages 5-12)
- Able to interact comfortably with peers of their own physical size and within our established age groupings of 3-4, 5-7, 8-9 and 10-12
*Exceptions that may prevent participation:
- A child who shows symptoms of fever, vomiting, diarrhea, unexplained skin rash, discharge from the nose or eyes or has any other contagious disease or illness
- A child who becomes disruptive within the group. (Should this occur, it may result in the child not being able to participate in Programming, without a parent or guardian)
- A child who requires one-on-one care
- A child or adult who wishes to participate in an age group much younger/smaller than their physical age/size. (Example would be a 10-year-old wanting to be with the 5-7 age group)
- A child who needs the attention of a counselor with special training
- A child who needs counselor-assisted medical attention
If you child's needs cannot be accommodated, there are a multitude of events and activities throughout the ship, which the entire family can enjoy.
- Main Stage shows
- Family game shows
- First run movies
- Deck parties and events
- Selected shore excursions
- Castaway Cay
Parents or guardians may accompany their child to the Oceaneer Club and Lab programs and activities at any time throughout the cruise.
Parents may make a request for modified programming for a limited period during the cruise. Disney Cruise Line's ability to fulfill the request will depend upon the child's needs, the availability of counselors, program participation, and other applicable considerations. Disney Cruise Lines cannot guarantee that special requests will be accommodated. Such requests must be made prior to sailing, through the Disney Cruise Line Special Reservations coordinator.
For 3-and 4-year olds, who are not potty trained or who may prefer a smaller adult-to-child ratio (1-6), parents may request that the child be accommodated in Flounder's Reef Nursery, the infant and toddler group babysitting area. The fee for this service is $6 per hour, per child and is based on availability.
For further assistance, please contact the Disney Cruise Line Special Reservations coordinator.
Founder's Reef Nursery books up very quickly, so be sure to book your child's nursery stay EARLY because space is extremely limited. You can make a reservation online or during open house on Embarkation Day on a first-come, first-served basis. To check additional availability, visit Flounder's Reef Nursery during your cruise.
Flounder's Reef Nursery Group Babysitting participation details
- Babysitting is not available in guest staterooms.
- This service is available for children ages 12 weeks to 3 years*.
- Maximum: 10 hours for 7-night cruises, 10 hours for 3- and 4- night cruises
- The fee is $6.00 per hour for first child, and $5.00 per hour for each additional child. Minimum 1 hour charged.
- Nursery is open each evening and selected times during each day.
Special Requests that Disney is unable to accommodate
- A child who requires one on-one-care.
- A child who needs babysitter assisted medical attention.
Source: Disney Cruise Line
Page 2 > > More on Disney Cruising With Kids > >