We often focus on great European ocean explorers such as Columbus and Magellan, but I learned much about these brave American explorers and their expeditions that we were never taught in school. I also came home with a new appreciation for those who followed the Oregon Trail, looking for a new life in the American Northwest.
Columbia and Snake River Travel Log - Join the me as I sail roundtrip from Portland on the Columbia and Snake Rivers of Oregon and Washington.
Destination Photo Galleries of the Columbia and Snake Rivers
- Sunday Afternoon in Portland
- Bonneville Lock and Dam on the Columbia River
- Multnomah Falls of the Columbia River Gorge
- Columbia River Gorge
- Kiteboarders and Windsurfers on the Columbia River Gorge
- Jet Boat Ride in Hells Canyon of the Snake River
- Lower Snake River Photo Gallery
- A Day in Walla Walla at the Fort Walla Walla Museum and the Whitman Mission National Historic Site
- A Day Along the Columbia River Gorge near The Dalles
- Astoria, Oregon
- Fort Clatsop